sábado, 4 de abril de 2009

The Bridges of Madison County

F: I just need to know the routine, the procedure, so I don't upset your routine, ... Do you want some jam?
R: What are you talking about, routine? There's no routine. Is that what you think this is?
F: Well, what is this?
R: Well, is it up to me?. You're the one who's married, and you have no intention of leaving your husband.
F: To do what? Go off with someone who needs everyone, but no one in particular? I mean, ah, what would be the point. Will you pass me the butter, please?
R: I was honest with you.
F: Yes! Absolutely. You have, you have this habit of not needing, and that's very hard to break, but... in that case, why sleep, you don't need rest, why eat, you don't need food.
R: What are you doing?
F: Gee, I don't know, maybe I'm not cut out to be a world citizen who experiences everything and nothing at the same time.
R: How do you know what I experience?
F: I know you. And what can this possibly mean to someone who doesn't need meaning, who just goes with the mystery... and pretends that he's not scared to death.
R: Let's stop this right now.
F: You know, after you leave here I'm going to have to go on sitting here for the rest of my life, and wonder what happened to me... if anything happened at all. And I'm going to have to wonder if you're going to be sitting in some housewife's kitchen in Romania or somewhere... and telling her about your world of good friends, and you'll secretly include me in that group.
R: What do you want me to say?
F: I don't want you to say anything, I don't need you to say anything.
R: I want you to stop this right now.
F: Fine. More eggs, or shall we just fuck on the linoleum one last time?
R: I'm not gonna be... I'm not gonna apologize for who I am.
F: No. Nobody's asking you to.
R: ...and I'm not gonna be made to feel I've done something wrong.
F: No, you're not going to be made to feel anything, period. Because you have carved out this little part for yourself in the world, where you get to be a voyeur and a hermit and a lover whenever you feel like it... and the rest of us are supposed to feel incredibly grateful for this brief moment that you've touched us... Go to hell! It isn't human not to be lonely, and it isn't human not to be afraid! You're a hypocrite and you're a phony!
R:I don't want to need you.
F: Why?
R: Because I can't have you.
F: What difference does that make? Don't you see? I just have to know the truth ... I just have to know the truth, because if I don't, I'll go crazy. So just tell me, either way. Because I can't act like this is enough because it has to be. And I can't pretend not to feel what I feel because it's over tomorrow.
R: If I've done anything to make you think that what we have between us is nothing new for me is just some routine... then I do apologize.
-

estas películas cursis a la madrugada son peligrosamente depresivas y terriblemente letárgicas.
a dormir.

No hay comentarios: